“If you measure Singapore by the traditional indicators, they look like one of the best-run countries in the world. But if you look at everything that makes life worth living, they’re not doing so well.” ~ Gallup [Source]
Emotionally challenged. Emotionless. Stoic.
The PAP government has yet another “first” added to its boasting list: creating the most emotionless society in the world according to a survey by Gallup. Only 36% of the Singaporeans surveyed responded “Yes” when asked if they felt any emotions in the average day. Some of the questions asked where Singapore scored a record low:
1) Did you feel well rested yesterday?
2) Were you treated with respect all day yesterday?
3) Did you smile or laugh a lot yesterday?
4) Did you experience the following feelings during a lot of the day yesterday?
5) How about enjoyment, physical pain, worry, sadness, stress, anger?
In the relentless pursuit of GDP, the PAP government imports an influx of foreigners to depress salaries and prop up demands of goods and services which evidently led to inflation causing extreme financial stress especially to the poor and middle class. Wealth distribution from the GDP growth were only concentrated at the high income level, while the rest sees stagnant wages and dipping quality of life.